One of the big challenges facing the production of high cunsumable items is achieving the cost reduction of raw materials.
Thanks reverse auctions at Reverplace we got one of the best negotiations of our company in years by sourcing natural rubber.
Maybe one of the difficulties of reverse auctions is to determine with precision the required specifications of product with the lowest ambiguosity possible. It is hard, but not impossible.
- Tensile failure stress
- Compression capability
- Elongation after fracture
- Abrassion capability
- Gas permeability
- Pre-vulcanaizing water absortion
were some of the technical specs requested on a .pdf file prior to the auction. Suppliers got a detailed electronic file with the auction invitation email.
And what about Terms and Conditions?
- Delivery of minimal monthly quantities.
- Local currency price fixed for a period of one year.
- Maximal delivery times for individual lots
- Penalties for late deliveries or low quality.
- Handling of returns
- Technical support for vulcanization, repairs and new compounds.
- Delivery place.
- Handling of insurance and delivery responsibilities.
- Payment terms
were some of the considered aspects within the Terms and Conditions of this reverse auction ...
It is good to have Reverplace to create fast and easy reverse auctions.